Links - Museums
- Biographies of Aldershot & District
- This page is dedicated to the extensive fleet
of Dennis Lancets operated by Aldershot & District Traction Company
Ltd. in Surrey, Hampshire and West Sussex both before and after the second
world war. This page is part of "The Classic Buses Website"
by Dick Gilbert
- The Classic Buses Website
- Lots of bus information and photos, also has one of the best Events Diaries Bus Events Diary
- This is a departure point for bus-related
links all over the world. Also on this site Buses on Screen! This is a celebration of buses
as they've been depicted on screen over the years, on film, on TV, in screen
advertising, and even in music videos. With listings for A&D buses.
- Comfy Coaches Interest Group
- The Comfy Coaches Interest Group was initiated to stimulate interest in the former Farnham coaching company of that name.
- National Association of Road Transport Museums
- Alton Bus Rally
- Lots of photos going back to 1995, in 2005
the event saw more than 130 Buses and Coaches in attendance, over 30 of
which operated the free bus services.
of King Alfred Buses
- On Buses of Winchester
- Southcoast Motor Services
- For more on Southdown Buses
East Sussex Omnibus Society
- A good site and lots information and photos
- Bristol VR South West Bus News
- For all your South West VR News, some ex-Alder Valley VRs here.
Corporation Transport '61
- A very good site with some photos of Ex A
& D buses
- The PSV CIRCLE was formed nearly sixty years
ago with the aim of ensuring the membership is provided with accurate and
up to date information
- Local Transport History Society
With illustrated e-books covering much of the UK’s transport history from steam tramways to the early municipal and independent bus networks. Readable on any Windows PC they represent an alternative to paper books. There is one on Aldershot & District, which contains some archive photos and a full fleet listing.
- Surrey Classic Vehicle Club
The Surrey Classic Vehicle Club gives older car owners another outlet for the use of their vehicles by organising events in and around the Surrey area
- Road Transport in Normandy
- Road Transport in Normandy and the history
of the "H" to the "20" with photos and timetables,
this is part of the Normandy Historians site.
- Historic Farnborough
- Historic Farnborough - take a virtual tour,
visit the gallery, and read memories to see how Farnborough's history has
changed the town over the years.
- Transport Past Times
- This website is dedicated to the Golden Era of Transport and will offer you the chance to re-live those memories and to purchase an original piece of history when a journey was memorable and exciting.
- Wikipedia is a multilingual Web-based free-content
encyclopedia wiki service. Wikipedia is written collaboratively by volunteers,
allowing most articles to be changed by anyone with access to a web browser.
The project began on January 15, 2001, as a complement to the expert-written
Nupedia and is now operated by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation.
- Wikipedia as pages on Aldershot and District Traction, Alder Valley and Yellow Bus Services
- Dennis Links
- Dennis Society
- This site is for Owners of Dennis vehicles. The Dennis Society was The Dennis Bus Owners Association and is the focal point for owners and enthusiasts giving advice and information
to assist in the restoration of all vehicles built by Dennis Bros of Guildford.
- Dennis Specialist Vehicles
- Dennis Specialist Vehicles, this page is on
the Surrey History Centre website and gives an outline of the history of
Dennis Bros. Ltd
- Dennis Fire Engines in preservation
- Dennis Fire Engines in preservation, This
private collection based in the North East of England is of mainly DENNIS
- A History of Dennis Mowers
- A history of Dennis mowers, also on this site
you can see the newer mowers with the Dennis bage
- Wikipedia as pages on Dennis Specialist Vehicles and Dennis Loline
- Aldershot Military Museum
Aldershot Military Museum & Rushmoor Local History Gallery housed in
the only surviving brick-built barrack blocks left in Aldershot.
Rural Life Centre
- The Rural Life Centre is an entirely private
collection and run by a charitable trust. It is pleasantly distributed
over ten acres of field, woodland and barns.
- Amberley Museum
- Amberley is a thirty-six acre open air museum
set in the midst of the beautiful South Downs in West Sussex.
- History Transport in London.
- Transport Museum at Wythall, which is situated
in north Worcestershire, just to the south of Birmingham. We have extensive
collections of buses, battery electric vehicles and a miniature steam railway
which operates on our special event days.
- Back to Index
- © Copyright by ADBIG All Rights